scooter gang
American symbol project
petting zoo
Thomas Jefferson project
Harrison's aircraft carrier Valentine box
so proud
from sea to shining sea
keeping it red, white & blue
she hearts me
Valentine party
Hands down, I love this school district! Anderson had a fabulous Valentine party, complete with stories, crafts and cupcakes. They even let Karrington take part. His class, the parents, and his teacher are so nice. And Harrison's class had a 30 minute patriotic tribute to our country. I cried. I really did. They started with Lee Greenwood's, "God Bless the USA," which I've decided might be my kryptonite. I can't help it. And they sang other songs with both 'God' and country. It was so politically incorrect; I loved it. Back in Ohio, we had 'winter break' and 'holiday shows.' This school encouraged parents in the military to wear their uniform for the performance and reception too. It was great! Harrison was in awe of his buddy's dad who was in the Navy. I walked up with Harrison to shake his hand and thank him for his service to our country. Harrison had made an aircraft carrier for his Valentine box, so he was excited to share it with him. The entire classroom was covered in American history... projects, pictures, stories... it was very inspiring. We are convinced now that our family is right at home. We're surrounded by sunshine, military families and frozen yogurt shops. It just doesn't get any better than this for our crew!
Just as inspiring as the show, was watching the 80+ year old woman in front of us caring for two very young children. At the end of the performance, I leaned forward and said, "wow, I hope I have half the energy you must have to watch them when I'm your age!" Her reply, "oh, Honey, there's two more yet. I get them after school." And I had to add, "now you're just showing off." It was precious, and I'm not kidding, she had to be well into her 80s! She was holding a baby and caring for a 3 year old at the same time. It's one for the record books!
1 comment:
I'm so happy you all are loving it there. Stacy the kids and I are going to try to plan a trip down there when I go in March. I'll have her contact you to see when would be a good time.
I'm going to help her out while Boo's gone.
Such great news about the wonderful school.
Praise God.
Post a Comment