hanging out
a good catch?
a lil' moonshine
no trout about it
his natural habitat (dirt)
trying times
fishing for snacks
fishing for trout
babysitting
cloning around
One morning last week, while enjoying my cup of Seattle's Best coffee, I watched a crane hunt for his breakfast. He'd been hanging out in our neighbor's yard the entire week, and on this particular day, he was hungry. I grabbed the camera when I saw him carefully, slowly, crouch down, and then quickly snatch something up. At first, I was delighted, because I thought he'd tagged a small snake. The tail of his catch was squirming around, and I thought, "ya, take that snake!" Then I uploaded the photos. Upon further review, I noticed 4 tiny legs on his catch of the day. I think he got a gecko. I'm partial to geckos, as we left our beloved Fred behind (with good friends) when we moved to San Diego. The funny thing is, soon after the hunt, a tiny lizard ran up to our door. I opened it, and there he was. So I took his picture; there's no zoom involved, he was literally that close. (I think he knew I cared about his friend).
And last weekend, we attempted the Children's Trout Derby at Lake Poway. Apparently, they load the lake with over 4000 trout days before the event. So, naturally, we thought, this would be fun. Turns out, the fish weren't in the mood to get caught, or nibble on anything we had. Harrison was devastated to say the least. He's used to catching fish, and sitting with a pole for over 5 hours without a bite was not fun for him. Anderson, on the other hand, adapted quite well. He ate snacks, played in the dirt, and just enjoyed himself. Yin and yang in action. Harrison is determined to return to the lake with new bait and snatch one of those rainbow trouts... we'll keep you posted on his progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment