 |
| the artist |
 |
| the shirt says it all |
 |
| such an innocent smile... |
 |
| "wizard's cwimbing on me!" |
 |
| lounge lizard |
 |
| may I have this dance? |
 |
| Hullabullo Concert with friends |
 |
| dolled up |
 |
| Playing in the Doh |
 |
| Fruit Loop neckless |
 |
| not bad |
 |
| string 'em up |
 |
| now that's how you make stale cereal fun :) |
 |
| happy to be back at Lego Land |
 |
| Lego Darth Vader |
 |
| Who's most excited about this photo op? Mommy? Maybe. |
 |
| Ewok village |
 |
| Dun, dun, dun, dun, da, dun, dun, da, dun.... |
 |
| galactic battle |
 |
| Harrison's favorite scene |
 |
| Luke, I am your father |
 |
| "Chewybacca" |
 |
| hitting the slopes |
 |
| Harrison's reaching new heights |
 |
| future coaster enthusiast |
 |
| boys and their brew (root beer) |
 |
| taking orders |
 |
| just beachy |
 |
| post Bikram (yoga) |
West coast living is so nice. We are thoroughly enjoying this new lifestyle. There's just so much to do here! Harrison has enrolled in another art class, and he's working on a new drawing for a local exhibit. Anderson will soon be taking a 'hip hop' dance class. Because he's not one to shy away from an opportunity to showcase his skills, we can already imagine the dance party this will create in our home, his school and the neighborhood. And we're certain Karrington will study his moves and perfect them herself. The winery near our neighborhood hosted the children's folk band, Hullabuloo, a few weeks ago. Karrington and I went with the other mommies and younger siblings from Anderson's class, and she had a blast! She danced and clapped and sang. It was a fun morning! The kids are still catching lizards. I think they've caught close to 6 'western fence lizards.' They are funny lil' reptiles; they like to do push ups. No kidding! We noticed they would stop and begin a quick set of 10 or so push ups, and then we read and learned it is a normal attribute of this particular lizard! We're also keeping busy with arts and crafts around the house... I've learned stale cereal strung on a necklace is suddenly delicious, so I'm sure we'll be creating all kinds of accessories. And Star Wars has finally arrived at Lego Land! The kids were so excited to see all of the lego miniature scenes from their favorite movies. It is pretty cool. My personal favorite is the 'bar scene;' they actually have the band playing the music from the movie. Harrison liked one of the battle scenes best, and Anderson just loved it all. He was in heaven! Karrington liked the life size creations of Darth Vader, R2D2 and as AJ says, "Chewybacca." We took advantage of every photo op! After a day at the park, we headed into Escondido for some beer and burgers. We found a great Irish pub. The kids loved their 'beer' as much as their parents :) The sunset on the drive home was beautiful! And finally, I've taken to Bikram yoga. It is the sweetest torture I've ever experienced. 90 minutes of yoga in a 104 F room. I usually wear a sweatshirt and pants over my workout clothes to drive home... and as you can see, they begin to absorb the sweat from my workout wear. However, I feel amazing after a shower. If you have an opportunity to try this, I highly recommend it! Just don't plan on running errands after class... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment