Sunday, August 15, 2010
Highlights of Fall
Whew! Has it been a year already? So I've found myself with a lil' time here at the lake to catch up on our beloved blog... I'm only 11 months behind. Last fall Anderson turned 4, Karrington was still 'walking' on her knees, and Harrison was enjoying his first year of flag football. It was fun to watch him progress (ie. understand the game) as he played. He's physically very fast, and when he's paying attention, he does pretty well. The kids were all very young yet, so watching them fade away into a daydream, or run to catch a bug instead of a pass was extremely entertaining. If only we could get away with that kind of behavior as adults!
The boys carved their Halloween pumpkins with Grandpa Dave, an annual tradition for our crew. And trick-or-treating soon followed in their neck of the woods; their neighborhood just does it better!
I think my favorite fall memory would have to be taking Harrison to the New Albany High School football game. Because he played flag football, he had the opportunity to run across the field, see the locker room, and meet the players before the game. His smile was the size of Texas. He just couldn't contain his enthusiasm. It was fun to watch him feel 'so cool.' However, I almost rattled his cool vibe, as he was standing with his friends watching the game, I yelled, "honey, do you have to go potty?" He shot me a glance that not only answered my question, but quickly reminded me that he's no longer in preschool. So I'm not the coolest mom, but I'm learning...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment